zondag 11 juni 2023

New urban district


 

It's not often that a new canal is built in Amsterdam, but in the old timber harbor area all sorts of islands are now being created for construction separated by canals. The first houses are already inhabited and the architecture is inspired by the architecture of Amsterdam in the 1920's. (The header is from the balcony of my previous job where I went for a coffee and a chat with my former colleagues to recover from this walk through a beautiful new part of town).



10 opmerkingen:

  1. That is a amazing a achievement. There's a lot of skill that went into this one.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Construction along a canal must be so complicated.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Sounds like a big exciting project.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. That project is beautiful; will there be sidewalks or is that the back of buildings in that first photo. I see a pretty area with trees and an umbrella, likely a restaurant, in that photo. My husband and I stayed in one of those tall slim houses canal side in Amsterdam, a wonderful city.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Those houses are with their back directly in the canal.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. How interesting there will be a new canal. It should be easy to move materials to and from the warehouses located here.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. That is exciting. Thank you for telling us about it

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Because of some annoying messages I have to check the posts sent to my blog. No anonymous remarks, sorry for that.