dinsdag 23 september 2014

Structuralism

Invited for the opening of an exhibition about structuralist architecture in the Netherlands at the New institute of Architecture in Rotterdam. (Because I had worked years for one of the architects who were the object of this exhibition ) we decided to take a look at one of the projects in the neighborhood.
Its from architect Piet Blom and called Kubus houses. Realized in 1983 for the underlying philosophy
I suggest you go to the link here.
Inside the kubus exhibition home.
You have to invent new furniture for use.
Bieb in the highest point of the Kubus.You have to admire an architect and his principals who dared such a plan to implement. But the troubles in living and maintenance are still great today.

13 opmerkingen:

  1. It certainly is different outside and inside.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Yep, I've tried living in a space with odd angles--kept banging my head on things. :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I can imagine it is difficult to furnish such a space, but I like what they've done with it! Must be neat to live in an "architectural" building.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Very innovative. I'd love to try to live there.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Not my kind of place to live in. But truly interesting. Thank you s.c.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Nice to look at but I wouldn't want to live there. It would make me feel on edge all the time. Not a warm comfortable feeling to it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. A wonderful experience. I mean look at the pictures. But I would like to be inside too. It would take a while to get used to, but I think it would be fun. I like such an architecture.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Goodness me s.c. between yourself and Marianne you have shown us some truly astounding architecture over the last few days.. must admit it might be quite fun to try living in one of these cubist apartments, I'm not very tall so it might work out ok :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. geez. I can imagine someone with eye problems walking into the ceiling.
    This is one of those things that might have looked ok in a drawing but then they built it.

    Thanks for sharing, SC!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. You wouldn't want to get drunk. It doesn't look that practical inside.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I rather like angled ceilings, and even the odd angled room, but this might be too much angling!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Love it, from a distance. Not sure what living there would be like. Nice photographs, though.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Because of some annoying messages I have to check the posts sent to my blog. No anonymous remarks, sorry for that.