Fence on the roof of the Muider Gate originally from 1663. Possible to visit on open monuments day.
Here the whole Gate once part of the city wall of Amsterdam. Partly collapsed on the outside in 1769 due to a building fault in the foundation and rebuild in 1770 by City Carpenter Cornelis Rauw.
A print of that time showing the collapse.
One for good fences here.