maandag 8 juli 2013

Art season

Every year I go to the graduation show of the Rietveld academy, one of the most important art schools in the Netherlands. As always I am amazed at the ingenious inventions and works of the students. Here an expandable table cloth with build in bibs or napkins.

Designer Karoline Kvist from the jewelry department demonstrates her invention.

Lonneke de Groot from the photography department made a study of paper on a table and it had the feeling of the paintings from the 17 century.

Some glassworks from Jenny Ritzenhoff  (glass department).
Tomorrow some more.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. I'm still thinking on the tablecloth/bib one. The glass works looks like an artist's pallet with freshly squeezed oil paint.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I like very much glass pieces - fascinating work

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Clever, I can see how those bibs would be useful for small children. The glass pieces look more like internal organs to me, kinda creepy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Different people seem to go for different things in modern art and sometimes I can't explain why I like the pieces that I do. The one that takes me here is Lonneke de Groote pictures - I can certainly see their relation ship to old Dutch painting.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It was the first thing I told her and she sAid that that was her purpose. So if you see it also she is for sure succeeded .

      Verwijderen

Because of some annoying messages I have to check the posts sent to my blog. No anonymous remarks, sorry for that.