donderdag 12 mei 2016

Like the old days


After scanning those negatives from 1967 I thought how nice it would be to make some new photo's with that creamy silk appearance again. In a cupboard on the attic I grabbed an old Rolleicord and put in some film from ilford. How about the blossom of this apple tree (cropped). Indeed the effect I was looking for.

I was forgotten to always use a lens hood but I am still pleased with this selfie result.
I think that for some occasions I am going to use that old film camera again. It is also nice to have to wait 2 weeks before you see a result and to only have 12 photo's to think about instead of the endless stream of digital.

10 opmerkingen:

  1. I have a soft spot for Rollei cameras, I have a T which stil produces lovely images....

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. For years I processed my own b&w film photos. Still have a darkroom in the basement, but have not had chemicals in it in years. Not sure I want to go back to film, but your photos do have a unique quality not seen with digital. Good for you!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I have also still a darkroom but scanning and going further on the computer makes it much more easier. Perhaps I going to develop the film again but am not sure yet. Still to photograph with a 6x6 is very pleasant and with a great result.

      Verwijderen
  3. Just imagine if the kids of today had to wait two weeks for the photos from their iPhones.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. i do agree!you should use this old very very good camers!!so Nice shoots:))

    The tree is a masterpiece and You and Your wife looks soo sweet in the Apartment!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Sweet home, I like that 2nd photo very much !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I like your "autoportrait"... sorry I can't call it a "selfie", it's too good for that! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Photo from decades ago, but yet so familiar-looking ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Nice portrait! And you are right about the sometimes overwhelming choices with digital.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Ja, dat is wel waar. Lekker spannend afwachten!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen