maandag 26 oktober 2015

Mural art

Seen on an exhibition of murals in Amsterdam( for more of the exhibition see also Biebkriebels blog). This reconstruction from Georg Lee Quiñones (born Ponce, Puerto Rico 1960) and grown up on Manhattan's Lower east side was made around 1978 and since 1974 he used his second name as tag.  This is a recreation of the Howard the Duck mural Lee painted on a handball court at his former school, Corlears Junior High on Madison street.

In 1983 he was in Amsterdam and made a piece at the Prins Hendrikkade in front of the central station. One for mural monday here.

13 opmerkingen:

  1. Amazing how his art has gotten around from Puerto Rico, to New York and now to Amsterdam.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Howard The Duck looks pretty good to me.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. It's very nice and I like the quote too.
    Can't remember seeing the second one near Central station, it's probably gone by now...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I am not always a fan of graffiti but I think I like these.
    V

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I love the Howard the Duck mural art. Such bright colors. It really captures the eye.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. If graffiti taggers had his talent and skill there would be much less complaint about it. Howard the Duck is an amazing piece.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Can't deny the skill. Art is not a crime, vandalism is.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Because of some annoying messages I have to check the posts sent to my blog. No anonymous remarks, sorry for that.