zondag 7 juni 2015

World Press Photo 2015

In the new church in amsterdam you find now the new World Press  Photo exhibition. As always are the photo subjects not very nice for the eye but mostly shockingly and painfully the ugly part of reality. 
So I tried to capture some expressions of the spectators.
Still I loved this portrait as one from a serie of  Russian women portrayed in their own home, just before or after posing for a photograph that would be used for a dating website. 
Made by Italian photographer Andy Rochelli, it won the second prize in stories. 

Sadly by looking for a link I found the message from the Italian Foreign Ministry that Andy Rochelli and his Russian aide have been killed in a mortar attack in Ukraine on 18 may 2014.

10 opmerkingen:

  1. Can there be a less imaginative, less courageous way for people to express themselves than by lobbing mortars at each other???

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I"m afraid she won't get many dates with that expression! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Ja veel foto's zijn erg confronterend. Toch ga ik elk jaar wel weer kijken.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I do like that last photo. Appears very unexpected. Interesting expressions by both cat and young lady!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Where I was there for the day tour before the night flight, I saw this 'church' like structure also posted to have art exhibit that time, should have visited inside to see the interior structure. Very interesting indeed.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. How sad about the photographer. I wonder if the lady got many responses to her online dating with that picture. Guess they do things differently in Russia.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. That is terrible news. The photo is interesting and a little funny that it would be for a dating site - she looks serious and a little sad! Even the cat is perplexed!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. I missed the exhibit in Lisbon this year. Shame on me!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Because of some annoying messages I have to check the posts sent to my blog. No anonymous remarks, sorry for that.