donderdag 9 januari 2014

Awesome exhibition.

Bieb looking at a photo of William Klein at a big retrospectieve of his work in Foam. Our photographic amsterdam museum. She stands for the cover of his Tokyo photo book which he also had designed himself.

One of his most well know street shots of NY.

All in all it was a very overwhelming experience as must have been the cities he photographed. His fashion shots in Paris and Rome I still remember from the sixties and seventies without knowing who made them. Now I know.
Very recommended. Until 12 March.


7 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh, how I would love to visit that museum!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh yes, know the kids with guns shot well. Must have been a blast to see his work upclose.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. My Japanese is pretty bad but more than nothing. I think the kanji for Tokyo in the top picture are backwards. Is the shot looking into a mirror?

    I love Tokyo, one of the most exciting places on earth to visit and photograph.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. The shot is not looking in a mirror and after googling it I admit that you have more expertise on japanese then I. Your right.

      Verwijderen
  4. funny how opinions can differ! i really did not like the exhibit. i liked the fashion shots, but there were so little! then new york was ok-ish but he most likely just took tons of photos and selected the best... and his latest work on coney island; even tim and me took better pictures... hhahaha.. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Because of some annoying messages I have to check the posts sent to my blog. No anonymous remarks, sorry for that.