zaterdag 25 februari 2012

Weekend reflections

One meter below the water level on the other side of the retaining wall construction workers lay the last hand on the buffer dam to prevent ships to collide with the building on the right in the water of the Y in amsterdam. After finishing the water is allowed over the dam and you only see the left wall out of the water covered with rubber fenders to prevent ships from damaging themselves by hitting it. Still the backing up by a concrete dam of 10 meter broad and 6 meter high anchored with piles in the ground to prevent sinking also with a retaining wall on the other side will prevent ships with sometimes a mass from more then 10.000 tons to crumple it like paper.
For more weekend reflections look here.

10 opmerkingen:

  1. This is one of the better reflection shots I've seen in awhile.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Nice Reflection S.C how did you gain access to this area? thanks for the info on the wall it was interesting Have a great weekend

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hoi Gerry.
    This is a project for a part from my old architect office in the past. Sometimes I am invited to take a look at the works how it progres. I have a lot more photo's made and will showing a few the coming time.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. have just been catching up on some of your lpictures...quite lovely thank you!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wow what a project! Never knew, so thanks for sharing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. s.c.,
    I see it, I read what you say, but I don't have a clue! Lovely reflection however! :)
    V

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. (Very late) from Weekend reflection -very interesting -where is this? (I as living in LA, but Dutch)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Emille it is in the Y in Amsterdam

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Because of some annoying messages I have to check the posts sent to my blog. No anonymous remarks, sorry for that.